ALTEF® is a proprietary fluoropolymer film developed uniquely for the air sampling market. ALTEF® meets or exceeds many of the desired characteristics of Tedlar®* at a significantly lower cost.
ALTEF® Film Properties
- Thickness: 0.003″
- Specific Gravity: 1.78
- Tensile Strength: 6100 psi
- Max. Operating Temp.: 300° F
- H2O Vapor Permeability: 12-15 cc/cm 3.d
- CO2 Permeability: 172 cc/cm 3.d
- O2 Permeability: 58 cc/cm 3.d
Advantages of ALTEF® Film
- Inert to most compounds including acids, alcohols, chlorinated solvents, and aromatics.
- Very stable for sampled compounds including CO, CO2, methane, and most VOCs.
- Longer storage times for most VOCs than Tedlar®*.
- Inherently pure material with no additives, fillers, or pigments.
- Does not release DMAC or phenols into the gas sample, as Tedlar®* does, and has lower VOC and sulfur compound background than Tedlar®*.
- Abrasion resistant
Gas Sampling Bags with Valve Combination
Gas Bag Fittings
Tedlar® is a registered trademark of E.I DuPont.